It’s been quite a while since the last update, but some very exciting things have happened since then. Here’s a quick summary to catch you up:
- The Oikos School has grown by leaps and bounds! We have completed two trainings and are half way through a third. There are hundreds more potential students waiting for future trainings to start.
- We have nearly completed construction on the permanent facilities to hold our trainings. The Lord has provided in some incredible ways to allow us to put all the finishing touches on the training center before the end of this year.
- Many of our current and former students have formed a nation-wide network of church planters called “Les porteurs de vie,” or The Messengers of Life. Their vision is to provide encouragement, support, and training to both new and experienced church planters. In fact, as I write this they are in the middle of their very first training session in which they are teaching the same things they learned at the Oikos School. Their future trainings will be funded and hosted by the Oikos School, but they are 100% in charge of the planning, organization, and execution of these trainings.
- Our family has had lots of change over the past several months. We arrived back in the States in July and hit the ground running. We had an incredibly busy summer followed by Joshua’s and Owen’s first foray into “real school” with Joshua beginning high school and Owen starting kindergarten. We will be heading back to Togo after the holidays, so we are starting to make preparations for our next big leap across the pond.
- With the growth of the Oikos School and its transition solely into the hands of Togolese leadership, the Stoffs and we have begun making exit plans. The Stoffs will be leaving this December to head back to Australia and we are thinking that we will move back to the States in the summer of 2019 or 2020. While we are confident that the Lord is leading us out of Togo, we still aren’t quite sure exactly what He is leading us to, but we know that He has a plan and we have no reason to worry! Once we are back in the States, Andrew and I will continue making trips back to Togo every year to provide further mentoring to the leaders of the Oikos School.
Thanks for your continued prayers, and we look forward to keeping you up to date as we enter this next stage of our ministry!