Last Saturday we celebrated the end of our second training with a graduation ceremony for the 27 students who finished their initial one-year discipleship and church planter training. Although I’m not one for ceremonies, it really was a wonderful time together seeing these guys rejoice in what they have accomplished while at the same time committing themselves to putting into practice everything the Lord has taught them.
Just as this second training was winding down we began a third one with 18 new students from the Sokodé area, which is the primary city among the Kotokoli people group, one of the least-reached in all of Togo. Our first four-day session of this new training took place last month and was, I believe, the best training we have had yet. The students showed a passion and eagerness to learn like I have never seen before. Not only that, but they were already planning on how they could put this new knowledge and equipping into practice.
The next four-day session is coming up this Wednesday through Saturday, so we’d like to ask that you pray specifically for the students and the trainers (Daré, Tchéou, and Jesse) this coming week. Here are some things you pray for:
- Safety for all of the students as they travel to the training in Kara.
- Physical strength for everyone involved as we have quite an intense schedule for those four days.
- Protection from spiritual attack. We have seen over and over again how the enemy goes after us just before or during a training to try to derail it.
- For clear communication of the things the Lord wants to teach the students.
- For the students to receive what we teach with open hearts and as a result that they will have a greater desire for Jesus and his story to reach new places and people as they walk in greater obedience to Jesus.
We thank you in advance for your prayers, and we trust that the Lord will do great things this week in this training!